Vaginal Yeast Infection
Nearly 75% of women will get vaginal yeast infection and many will get them repeatedly. Find out what
are the causes, symptoms and treatment options for vaginal yeast infections, including medications and natural home
Millions of women will suffer from a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lifetime. Many will battle
chronic vaginal yeast infections their entire lives. Fortunately they are easily treated by with medications and
also home remedies. Understanding what works best for your body is a key step in treating your vaginal yeast
Permanently Eliminate Vaginal Yeast Infection in Hours! Find Out
What is a Vaginal Yeast Infection?
When the vagina has an overgrowth of the natural yeast, it can cause irritation to the vagina as well as the
area around it known as the vulva.
Yeast is a fungus therefore yeast infections are fungal infections that occur when the fungus Candida
albicans grows out of control. Low level of this fungal yeast are naturally present with in the vagina but too
much of it causes a vaginal yeast or candida infection.
What are the Causes for Vaginal Yeast Infection?
There are many causes of a vaginal yeast infection.
- To much stress
- Sleep deprivation
- Bad eating habits that include a lot of sugars
- Becoming pregnant
- Medications such a oral contraceptives, steroids or anti-biotics
- Using flavored condoms for penetration can lead to yeast infections
- Chronic diseases like diabetes or HIV/AIDS that are not properly controlled
- Changes in hormones
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast
Sever itching in the vagina and around it are the most noticeable symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection but some
other symptoms are:
- Inflammation and burning of the vagina and vulva areas
- Painful urination that can be mistaken for a urinary tract infection
- Pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Soreness of the vagina and vulva areas
- A vaginal discharge that is cottage cheese like and has a strong odor
- Rashes on the vagina and vulva areas
Note: The severity of these symptoms is going to differ from woman to woman.
How is Vaginal Yeast Infection Diagnosed?
First a doctor will perform a pelvic examinations to check for swelling and look at the vaginal discharge. The
doctor will then swab the vagina and get a sample of the vaginal discharge that will be tested. A simple glance
under the microscope or a quick lab test can tell them if you have a vaginal yeast infection.
What are the Available Treatments for Vaginal Yeast
Some treatments for vaginal yeast infections involve medications and come in the form of:
- Topical creams and ointments to relieve the exterior irritation of the vagina
- Oral medications to help treat from with in the body
- Suppositories that are placed inside the vagina to directly treat the candida infection
You can either get these medications over the counter or by prescription depending on the severity of your
vaginal yeast infection.
Natural Remedies to Cure Vaginal Yeast Infection
There are also natural remedies that you can use at home to cure vaginal yeast infections and treat symptoms
while you are waiting for it to clear up.
- Yogurt is one of the first natural remedies most women try. It is also the only one actually recommended by
some in the healthcare industry. It can be eaten to prevent yeast infections or applied directly to the vagina
and vulva to treat symptoms.
- If you do not enjoy yogurt you can get acidophiles, the active ingredient in yogurt, by other means such as
capsules filled with a powder form. Like yogurt it can be ingested of applied directly.
- Garlic has strong anti-fungal properties that make it extremely effective. It can be ingested in your diet,
in capsule or liquid forms. Garlic can directly applied to the infected areas as well.
- There are many herbs that can be used in conjunction with other home treatments. They can also be ingested
or applied directly. Some of the most common herbs know for their anti-fungal properties are black walnut,
goldenseal, licorice and tabebuia.
Click Here to Completely Eliminate Vaginal Yeast Infection in
How Can I Avoid or Prevent Vaginal Yeast Infection?
There are several steps you can take to prevent getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Only wear white cotton underwear and change them often.
- Do not use petroleum based lubricants during sex or to moisturize the vagina. Use water based instead.
- Simply wipe from front to back when using the restroom. This will also prevent urinary tract
- Do not use scented feminine products, soaps or perfumes in the vaginal area.
- Do not douche. Douching disrupts the vagina's ability to properly clean itself naturally and can directly
lead to a vaginal yeast infection.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Infections In Women
Understand what are the common triggers and causes for vaginal infection (vaginitis) in women.
Home Remedies For Vaginal Yeast Infection
Learn how to take care of vaginal yeast infections at home with proven remedies that works!